Christmas Magic Can’t Last Forever, or Can It? Visit Santa in Gloversville
The holiday season is here and with it comes magical memories. It’s not about the gifts under the tree, but about the nostalgia.
OK, for some it is the gifts, but for most it is the memories that put the magic in Christmas. It’s the remembering of spending time with family looking at holiday light shows, eating delicious food, listening to seasonal music and concerts, picking out the best tree, and searching for Santa.
Sometimes people lose that magic when they “grow up,” but a visit to Santa for anyone of any age can bring that excitement and delight back.
Santa has been very busy in Downtown Gloversville since Thanksgiving, visiting children and adults alike at shops like the Micropolis Art Gallery, Mohawk Harvest and EmpowHERing Designs, as well as participating in the Gloversville Christmas parade and tree lighting. It’s no surprise that the children squealed with delight when seeing him, along with Mrs. Claus, but adults also brightened when having a cup of hot chocolate and visiting Father Christmas as it brought back many recollections of holidays from the past.
If you are feeling a bit Grinchy and need a pick me up or have little ones that needs to get their list in before Christmas Eve, be sure to visit Santa when he is in Gloversville. He plans to come back to Gloversville a few more times before making final preparations at the North Pole. His appearances include:
· Families can have breakfast with Santa at the Gloversville Senior Center, located at 53 Church St., on Dec. 9 from 9 to 11 a.m. There is a fee and every child under 12 will get a small gift bag.
· Fulton County Museum, located at 237 Kingsboro Ave., is hosting Santa on Dec. 9 at 10 a.m. for a morning of stories and sweet treats.
· Santa will be at Kay’s Beautique, located at 84 N. Main St., on Dec. 9 from noon to 3 p.m. Children can have their pictures taken with Santa and a gift per child will be available.
· Santa will visit with children at 44 Lakes Customized Gifts & Décor, located at 15 N. Main St., on Dec. 16 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Be sure to bring the children’s list for Santa and they will receive a letter back from Santa.
· Santa will visit with children at The Glove Theatre, located at 42 N. Main St., on Dec. 17 from noon to 1:30 p.m. There will be photos, a tree lighting, hot chocolate, and a holiday movie at 2 p.m.
If you cannot make any of these events, you may be able to reach him through the Facebook page The Clauses. The Clauses is a local party entertainment service that has a direct line into Santa and Mrs. Claus and can help book Santa to events.
Enjoy the magic of Christmas in Downtown Gloversville this month with Santa and be sure to visit the businesses as you can find some great holiday gifts for your loved ones.
Stay. Play. Explore. Live.
Discover Downtown Gloversville