Discover Downtown Gloversville Blog
Updated: Jan 1
What Is there to do in Downtown Gloversville?!
Now that the hustle and bustle of the Christmas holiday has slowed but vacation time is still here, what is there to do in Gloversville?!
From urban hikes or walks through downtown, to shopping and special events and classes, there is plenty to do in Downtown Gloversville!
Here are a few suggestions for the holiday week leading into the New Year. Be sure to check ahead with venues to ensure activities are still on, if RSVPs are needed, and if there are age limits.
· Anytime: Nestled in the Mohawk Harvest Food Co-op at 30 N. Main St, is the Micropolis Cooperative Art Gallery where you can view and purchase local art that includes paintings,
drawings, pastels, photographs, glass, pottery, fiber art, digital art, mixed media, jewelry, basketry, woodland assemblages, fine art cards and more. Typically, there is a local artist in residence and is happy to to discuss the art. Of course, while at the Micropolis, you can purchase snacks, soups, coffee, drinks and more from the Mohawk Harvest. For hours, visit websites https://mohawkharvest.org and www.facebook.com/MicropolisGallery.
· Anytime: Take an Urban Hike through Downtown Gloversville. Take the 1-mile Historic
Walk, or snowshoe on the FJ&G Rail Trail off Station Park on West Fulton Street or hop on the downtown section of the Fulton Montgomery Quilt Trail, there are plenty of fun ways to explore Downtown Gloversville while exercising! For maps and walking routes, visit Blog entries at www.downtowngloversville.org
· Now through Jan. 20th: Youth ages 12 to 19 can work on submissions for the 2022/2023 Fulton Montgomery Junior Artist Contest hosted by AGORA Marketplace, 50 N. Main St. Entries are due by end of business day to the AGORA. Once judged, artwork will be on display through March 1st. Rules are posted at AGORA’s Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/Agora50Market and questions can be submitted to email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Of course, while at the AGORA, you can shop at its booths and purchase treats and drinks at its Happy Mug café.
· Sunday, Dec. 25th and Monday, Dec. 26th: Take an Urban Hike in Downtown Gloversville to find the “Mayfield Munchkin” before watching “The Wizard of Oz” on TBS at 8 p.m. on Sunday or on TNT at 8 p.m. on Monday. Start at The Glove Theatre 42 N. Main St., where Margaret Cynthia Nickloy was present for the premiere of the 1939 movie and work your way up to Pearl Street to find her grave and memorial. To find a map of the route, learn more about the Fulton County native ended up in Oz, and a hint to what role she played in the movie, visit Discover Downtown Gloversville Blog.
· Tuesday, Dec. 27th: Club Baby will be held at the Gloversville Public Library, 58 E. Fulton St., at 10 a.m. There is free play time for kids and caregivers, as well as songs, rhymes and more. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/GloversvillePublicLibrary
· Wednesday, Dec. 28th: Catch a free viewing of “Anna & the Apocalypse” at The Glove Theatre, 42 N. Main St., at 7 p.m. The musical-zombie-holiday hybrid is rated “R” For more information, visit https://theglovetheatre.com
· Wednesday, Dec. 28th: Bingo is played every Wednesday and Saturday unless there is
a holiday that night. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at 19 Washington St. More information can be found at www.facebook.com/BingoCFADK. For more information, call (518) 225-1405.
· Thursday, Dec. 29th: Disney Trivia Night at 7 p.m. at The Pines Restaurant and Event Center, 301 N. Kingsboro Ave. Costumes are encouraged! For information, visit
SATURDAY, Dec. 31st, NEW YEAR’S EVE!
· Saturday, Dec. 31st: The Shoeleather Express is having a Toga Party with dinner and
square dancing at 7 p.m. at 31 Spring St. For information and reservations, call (518) 225-1405.
· Saturday, Dec. 31st: The Glove Theatre, 42 N. Main St., hosts a New Year’s Eve Dance Party at 7 p.m.
· Saturday, Dec. 31st: The Pines Restaurant and Events Center, 301 N. Kingsboro Ave., hosts a 4-Course meal that includes watching the New York Times Square ball drop on the big screen starting at 8 p.m. Reservations and pre-paid tickets required.
· Saturday, Dec. 31st: Rocky’s Tavern New Year’s Eve with Hunter Havens Band starts at 9 p.m. at 97 S. Main St.
· Sunday, Jan. 1st: The Dorn Space, 99 N. Main St., is hosting Revelation Open Mic at 2 p.m. that includes family-friendly music, poetry, prose, preaching, prayer, storytelling, comedy and more.
And remember, you can always treat yourself to a spa day or a massage! Gloversville is home to SW The Spa at 23 Fremont St. (sw-dayspa.com) and Beau Monde Progressive Hair Studio & Day Spa at 235 N. Main St. (www.beaumondehairandspa.com). Massages are available at Adirondack Massage Therapist at 40 N. Main St. Call to make an appointment at (518) 752-9311. Appointments can also be made with Sacandaga Therapeutic Massage, at 26 N. Main St., at (518) 848-0928.
Bowling is fun for the whole family! Visit Starlite Lanes at 9 Montgomery St. Call (518) 773-2695 for hours and availability.
Make an appointment to tour Adirondack Stained Glass Works, located at 29 W. Fulton St., where all pieces are custom made and handmade right on the premises. Call (518) 725-0387.
Stay. Play. Explore. Live.