Celebrate Christmas on Dec. 2nd in Gloversville
The holiday season has begun! It is time for shopping, visiting Santa, drinking hot chocolate and enjoying Christmas lights. All of this can be done on Saturday, December 2nd, in Downtown Gloversville.
It’s an old-fashioned Christmas with the parade and tree lighting event, sponsored by Gloversville Recreation Commission, and Santa will be on hand to help open a new business in the downtown core. Other events are planned as well so we invite people to come spend the day in Gloversville.
Reach out to each organization or business to verify their events as some places may require a RSVP. Events include:
· Breakfast with Santa will be held on Dec. 2 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Gloversville High School. Sponsored by GHS Key Cub, RSVPs and money are due no later than Nov. 27th. A free professional photo with Santa will be available in addition to the breakfast.
· Santa will be at the grand opening for EmpowHERing Designs, located at 45 S. Main St., on Dec. 2 from 1 to 2 p.m. A free 4x6 picture with Santa will be available. A ribbon cutting will be held at noon with the grand opening celebration continuing to 4 p.m.
· Cheryl Bielli will give a presentation, “The Boy Who Never Threw Anything Out: From Idea to Illustration” on Dec. 2 at 1 p.m. at the Screening Room, located on the third floor of the Schine Memorial Hall building on North Main Street.
· A new food truck, owned by Heather Lynn, will be unveiled on Dec. 2 with a ribbon cutting ceremony at 2:30 p.m. and then open for customers from 3 to 7 p.m. Called Nibbles & Bites, the wagon will be set up in the parking lot of the Beau Monde Progressive Hair Studio & Day Spa, 235 N. Main St., during the Christmas parade.
· Santa will be participating in the Gloversville Christmas Parade on Dec. 2 that kicks off at 5 p.m. and travels down North and South Main Street. Immediately following the parade, Santa will help with the tree lighting at Wandel Park, located at the corner of Spring and Elm streets.
Businesses will be decorated for the day as well as the Gloversville Recreation Commission is hosting a Window Decorating Contest. Entries for the contest are due Nov. 30th from businesses and they can reach out to the Commission at (518) 773-4542 or via email at email@example.com EmpowHERing Designs and Ricmar Solutions, both located on South Main Street, and Kay’s Beautique on North Main Street, are three of many businesses that are competing.
Shop and eat in Downtown Gloversville while you are enjoying the festivities. Gloversville loves Christmas and cannot wait to celebrate with everyone.
Stay. Play. Explore. Live.
Discover Downtown Gloversville